Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Becoming American

Watching this video opened my eyes to see and understand, just because you have money and are famous does not mean your personal life is absolute perfection. Even famous people do not know everyone that belongs to their family especially an immigrant ant-sister  However these famous people actually are interested in knowing that that routs connect them to someplace else. Not only is it such a great feeling tracking down the history of family, but watching someone uncover their ant-sisters; Facial reactions are priceless to watch. My Great Grandma Salerno who is alive and 106 today, always loves to talk about her history. Even though she has been living here for years, she can still speak Sicilian as well as English very well. She has been a hard worker her whole life; one of her jobs a long time ago was to turn on and off the water to the worlds sphere. She loved to dance, sing, and most of all smile! It is quite amazing how such characteristics can be passed down through generations. On the other hand I am very lucky to have been born into a family where on both sides have kept a family tree diagram which has been passed down. My heritage is Sicilian, Swedish, and Basque. When visiting I will interact with my Swedish family however, its not so much. My Basque family still lives in the Basque land, however my grandpa passed away in 1995, and so has his brother and sister. I love my family and heritage and would like to connect to my heritage as much as I can. God Bless My Great Grandma Salerno!

No comments:

Post a Comment